• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 question

USMC 00-08

A friend of my dads is talking about getting rid of 4 M38's that he has had sitting around for a LONG time. He hasn't said what he might want to ask for them.

I stopped by and took some pictures of them and wanted to know if anyone could tell me if these are worth messing with and what a reasonable price would be for them. I am asking just in case the man says to make an offer or if he mentions a price. I have no idea what these may be worth.

Jeep #1

Attachments

jeeplvr247

They are all pretty rough and incomplete. Jeep 1, the M170, is the most valuable, it is probably worth a few thousand($2-$3.5K). Jeep 2 has some value too, $1500ish. Jeeps 3 and 4 are probably worth less as a whole than the remaining parts that they have, I would say they are worth less than a thousand each.
The M170s are pretty rare so you could probably find a buyer with little difficulty.
Good luck.

BillF

The m170 is missing a lot of the very rare hard to find parts so that will keep the price low. To bad they are not in NH could really use a body off any of the m38a1's

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Offer him $2K for the lot. You can make that back easily by selling them whole to a restorer, or in pieces on eBay. Would sure beat the price your friend would get cutting them up.

emr

You guys a very very generous, To get those things going at all, the buyer would need to get in very very low, scrap value is where it should start, first recovery, then the work begins, Not a penny worth more than scrap, A few thou... you will be one lucky guy to get it, and by scrap I mean a real scrap price, not at the scale, they would have to get there first. Hope you dont mind you asked,

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys a very very generous, To get those things going at all, the buyer would need to get in very very low, scrap value is where it should start, first recovery, then the work begins, Not a penny worth more than scrap, A few thou... you will be one lucky guy to get it, and by scrap I mean a real scrap price, not at the scale, they would have to get there first. Hope you dont mind you asked,
So you are saying less than $800 for all 4? That is an insult to the seller. Put those on Ebay and watch the bidding wars begin. Those are some nice rust free, clean Jeeps.

jeeplvr247

I know here in MI, where road salt kills all cars, people will pay good money for original steel. I can guarantee that there is someone who is doing a restoration and would kill for a good 170 body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks