• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A! Fuel pump?

DavidWymore

I just got the family Jeep back. Pics and more later, tried posting last night and the thread went poof somehow. The last owner replaced the glass bowl pump that was in there with an off the shelf pump and let the jeep sit and it quit, presume it dried up. The old pump was in there for many, many years and never quit. The one in it now is pretty basic, no vac pump or anything I don't think. What is the original or rather best pump for it? I don't want another cheap junk one.

Also, do they need to be primed?

Thank You

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This is the original. Fuel and air pump.

Do they need to be primed? To run? It's quite helpful! And that's why the military included a priming lever directly on the pump.

Attachments

modified

Then, look here: Willys Jeep Fuel Pumps & Filters - Buy Willys Jeep Parts Online
For $150.00 or the same for 65.00
Highly unlikely the Fuel pump this vendor has pictured on their website is actual. I 'd really pin them on Quest to verify "Correct" and "As Pictured" before sending them (or any vendor) your $$$.

G503.com Message Forums • View topic - Fuel Pump M38 vs M38A1 comparison w/pictures

The "Correct" Dual Action Fuel Pump for your 38A1 are a tough find. Most reputable vendors require a complete core towards their rebuilt units.

Keep in mind that if you should obtain an original rebuilt w/ primer lever, you will need a 1/2" spacer that mates to the block, for proper function.

Also, when investigating any fuel pump, make sure it's assembled or rebuilt with modern rubber components that's compatible with today's ethanol based fuels.
Buna-n, and neoprene based rubbers are suspect compatible to ethanol. hence, leaks and gumming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks