• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 brake spring question

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the M38A1 and civvy CJ-5 where does the brake pedal return spring mount? There is a hole in the pedal similar to the clutch's mount. On the other end, all I can find is a hook on the wire in the clutch assy?? Is that it? The manual sucks for this question. A photo would be great. EDIT, just figured it out thanks anyway.

Last edited:

wilfreeman

Goes to the skid plate, right? I think that's what I saw in the TM. I don't have my skidplate mounted because I haven't put mut e brake on yet, so I still have to do my brake spring too.

mutt1966

the emergency brake spring goes on the skid plate, if you have a manual there are pics for every component ya just have to find them it takes some time but having the manuals and not a CD is the only way to go. Scott O&O

wilfreeman

So where does it go to? I haven't really looked at in a while, so I'm not sure now - I was thinking the brake pedal, not the e brake spring went to the skid plate. Page 277, Figure 158 of the TM looks like it goes to a tab type thing. Page 284, Figure 162 looks like it goes to the crossmember. So I am guessing there is a tab on the crossmember, right? I'm sure this is an easy one to figure out, and I'll look tomorrow, so don't think I'm an idiot or anything.