• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38a1 Hard Start

jime

Under most conditions my M38a1 cranks right up. However after running for for a half hour or so, I need to crank it a long time to get it to turn over after shutting down.

The other day was hot and I ran around for about an hour. After shutting down and sitting for about 10 min, she started right up, but promptly died and would not start. I had something to do, so I left it for two hours and tried again. I cranksed a long time but she eventually started and ran fine.

It seems like fuel to me. The fuel pump was a rebuild by a reputable outfit. Someone also suggested the coil. Any help? She's 24v.

JGBallew

Fuel lines.
I'm betting you have an air leak, the pump is sucking air which compounds vapor locking.

I have seen some bad "replacement" ignitor unit coils turning up, but what you described sounds like the pump is sucking a little too much wind.

jime

Good catch. Looks like I've got a little gas where the line goes to the frame on the passenger side behind the tank. We'll see if that doesn't solve it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks