• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m38a1 hard top?

manoverbored

Hey everybody! I'm a new guy, just purchased a 53 m38a1 with a hard top and wood doors. hood decal/serial number says navy, painted OD. Have not had time to clean off the plates to get the willys manufacturers number. my first thought is the hard top and doors are off a cj5, but they are painted OD. does anybody have any information on if m38a1 had a hardtop option stock, or can I scrap the ugly hunk of junk along with the doors..

I can throw some pictures up in a day or so if needed.

thanks, Ray

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Yes indeed the M38A1 had a hardtop kit, also known as arctic enclosure. The doors are supposed to be wood. If you do not want it, place an ad over at G503.com and someone will buy it, as they are in demand by Jeep collectors.

Dave M38A1

I've got one on mine, came with plywood doors.
Want to restore it, but i will probably put on a soft top.
pictures of it in my photo gallery.

Doors have stencils on them speed limit
city 25, rural 45 Autobahn 55 or something like that.
It's stored in a shipping container, s I'll have to look.

Would have been alright in Arctic situations, but i don't think air flow was too good with the slicing windows.

Good luck,

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks