• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Oil Filter queries

Sarah

Hi Guys,

We have changed all the oils in our new M38A1 but have a couple of queries regarding oil filter, which we would be very grateful for your advice please.

First we have seen three different types of oil filter for the M38A1, is there any particular type which is best?

I am not sure how the oil filter actually works, as I can see where the oil comes in at the side and can go through the holes in the oil filter sides. But I don't see how the oil gets out of the oil filter centre section and into the centre mounting tube, as there are no apparent holes in the tube. I'd be very grateful for an explanation as to how the oil travels to the bottom exit pipe.

Many thanks,

Sarah

hillbilly21

oil

Clean out the inside of the oil canister very good...there is a small hole about as big as a pen point is all there is for the oil to go threugh..hope this helps

Sarah

Hi Hillbilly,

Thanks, that did help. I didn't expect the hole to be so small. I only found it when I cleaned the centre tube very well.

Many thanks,

Sarah

yoshisploshi

hi sarah yes jeep parts dont do that size, but got 5 new tyres from a guy from holland at the war and peace show in kent just need to get them fitted.
many thanks paul ps if you need any info on the m38a1 just let me know i'll try to help

Sarah

Hi Paul,

Glad you got your tyres. We went to the War and peace show and also got a few bits for our M38A1. We'll be taking it to the MVT show at Kemble at the end of the month, are you going? Thanks for the offer of help :-D

Sarah

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks