• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m38a1 serial number help???

JeepinJeremy

I have the opportunity to get an m38a1 for the cost of towing it out of a guys yard. I am trying to figure out the year to do the bill of sale so i can insure and register it. The date of delivery is not marked. It is an m38a1 I know that much by the left side glove box and the 6 plates on the dash.

The tag behind the passenger seat has the number 57148 85435 on it.

I know it is a later model because of the center bolt hole in the grill.

Anyone out there that can help me figure it out I would really appreciate it, because I would like to get this jeep before he gives it to someone else.

This would be my first military jeep, I have always wanted one and you cant beat free.

I already have an 80 cj on 38' boggers and beadlocks dana 60's twin stick dana 300 dodge nv4500 tranny and chevy 350 so i wont make a mud truck.

And I have a 69 ss camaro to go fast if I want.

So I want to go with an original resto but I need this info for the bill of sale.

68t

Go to the g503.com they got the m38a1 group over there , they know all too know. I got 3 m38a1 to resto but i am working on ww2 halftracks for now. I just got a basket cast of m38a1. But the steelsoldier is the best m.v. forum.:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks