• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Speedometer Cable broke

pwoodson

I recently purchased a 1953 M38A1. The speedometer did not work so I removed the old cable assembly and cable. The cable was broken at the connection to the bit which inserts into the transfer case speedo gear. I ordered a new Waterproof Military 60" assembly. When I attached it the cable failed after about 1 block of driving in about the same spot as the old one. It worked for that 1 block (up to 10MPH). Do I need to worry about something wrong in the speedo gear drive?
THis is my first post and first MV or Jeep. Please forgive any mistakes in vocab or etiquette!!
Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks