• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M3A1 Stuart Tank Firing A M3 Flame Thrower

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
Last Sat. I fired an original M3 flame thrower from my M3A1 Stuart tank. It was kind of scary, fun and hot all at the same time!!! That was the first time I have ever experience that. We were shooting a show for the Smithsonian Channel that will air sometime this coming summer.
Enjoy,

Stuart Flamer Thrower 1.jpgStuart Flamer Thrower 2.jpgIMG_3620.jpgIMG_3630.jpgStuart Flamer Thrower 1.jpgStuart Flamer Thrower 2.jpgIMG_3620.jpgIMG_3630.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool (not literally).

I could use your service to take care of my burn pile. ;-)

Sometimes I think I have had the privilege to do some "special" things in my life.

Then along comes a thread like this and I realize I haven't got to do crap!

:not worthy:

Oh, and just because this one fits so well.

:burn:

Another Ahab

Hello,
Last Sat. I fired an original M3 flame thrower from my M3A1 Stuart tank. It was kind of scary, fun and hot all at the same time!!! That was the first time I have ever experience that. We were shooting a show for the Smithsonian Channel that will air sometime this coming summer.
Enjoy,
That's one impressive accessory you got there. Sure beats a can of Raid! if you got a roach problem.

What's the topic of the upcoming Smithsonian Channel show?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
TM Sherman M4A3R3

Sherman tanks were built by the following companies:
  • American Locomotive Company , Schenactady, New York.
  • Baldwin Locomotive Works, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
  • Detroit Tank Arsenal (Chrysler Corporation), Detroit, Michigan.
  • Federal Machine & Welder Company, Chicago, Illinois.
  • Ford Motor Company, Detroit, Michigan.
  • Grand Blanc Tank Arsenal, Grand Blanc, Michigan.
  • Lima Locomotive Works, Lima, Ohio.
  • Montreal Locomotive Works, Montreal, Canada.
  • Pacific Car & Foundry Company , Renton, Washington.
  • Pressed Steel Car Company, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
  • Pullman Standard Car Company, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

View attachment flame thrower Ringquist-Pt2.pdfView attachment Sherman wires TM 9-759.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
We used diesel while shooting the flame thrower from my tank for safety reasons. They did use napalm in the back pack flame thrower. I do not know where the powder used to mix in the gas came from. There is a photo of a M3A1 Stuart with a flame thower in action on Siapan 1944 alot with lots of other photos on this link (scroll down to photio # 68 ) http://blogs.denverpost.com/capture...-the-pacific-and-adjacent-theaters/#more-1547
Steve8)

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Hello,
We used diesel while shooting the flame thrower from my tank for safety reasons. They did use napalm in the back pack flame thrower. I do not know where the powder used to mix in the gas came from. There is a photo of a M3A1 Stuart with a flame thower in action on Siapan 1944 alot with lots of other photos on this link (scroll down to photio # 68 )
Steve
Remarkable photo record in the link. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks