• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4 Sherman being delivered on Monday!

DoctorCheney223

I don't have pics with me (left the iPad at home) but I managed to negotiate the purchase of a Sherman M4 tank. We were here in my office and when the current owner told me the price, I couldn't shake his hand and call it a "deal" fast enough. My poor wife was trying to keep calm and cool while she was at her desk because I told her that I was interested but never told her that I was for sure on the deal. I promised not to disclose the price but I can tell you that it's about 1/3 to 1/4 of the price that I have seen everywhere else.

This tank is in remarkable condition considering that it has been sitting in a field since 1962. No rust, no rot and the tracks are still in decent condition. I don't know much about Sherman tanks but the owner did point out some cool details on the tank. It was used in the Pacific theater and still has the remnants of the nails that were welded face up on the turret and hatches of the tanks. I guess they were used to keep the Japanese off them.

They will be delivering it Monday morning with a lowboy and crane. I will post pics Monday afternoon!!

V/R
Ron M Cheney

Kelzamos

:driver:Mr. Cheney,
You have officially become a hero to my eight year old son who is Sherman Tank crazy! We anxiously await the pictures and details and wish you very best regards! Kel & Johnny

Aerialfred

Congrats! My Dad was in the Pacific theater and was in the 4th Marine Division. He may have been in that one or worked on it? Who knows? I look forward to pictures! Please! When they shipped out back from Iwo Jima, they put a jap tank on the back of theirs and brought it back to Hawaii.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Grail may be an understatement. An easy eight is the version I love the most but I would love to crawl over any version.

DoctorCheney223

We will be filming the delivery on Monday morning! I also have a breech ring that I need to file a Form 1 on so we can reactive the main gun. We have plenty of 1919's and M2's in the armory to make it feel welcome at it's new home.

Another Ahab

I don't know much about Sherman tanks .... It was used in the Pacific theater

They will be delivering it Monday morning with a lowboy and crane. I will post pics Monday afternoon!!

V/R
Ron M Cheney
Thank you for the post:

My uncle was was a tank commander (M4) under Patton, saw action during the Bulge (Silver Star). Can't speak for the Pacific theater, but word in the European theater was that the M4 was way out armored and outgunned by the Wehrmacht's tanks. The one good thing they had going was they were fast, and easy to transport (trains, ships, etc). The good news: fast; the bad news gasoline engine (not the diesels of the German panzergruppes): they burned like a torch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks