• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4 Sherman Tank parts question... pictures inside

eXGee11

Further edit: I have no idea. Calls and emails keep coming in telling me its M4, telling me its M41, telling me its M47. I must have sent 10 emails out yesterday trying to identify it and i'm no closer to figuring it out. It sure is fun though...

EDIT: Rest in peace, my poor cell phone. I have had many calls today from folks interested in the cluster and have been given some information that may change the answer of what this item is.

I have been told that this is more likely a dash from an M41 Bulldog or an M47 Patton based on physical dimensions. Additionally, I was able to track down the engine that came with the dash (apparently not for sale as its been used in some sort of drag car?!?!?!) and it reportedly was a liquid cooled V8 manufactured by FORD.

You learn something new everyday.

I just wanted to update my post in case anyone came across this and was curious or was trying to find out the same information. I have also attached some more pictures because everyone likes pictures :)

I hope this is helpful.
Thanks,
Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

I registered this account back in 2011 when I was considering getting into the Surplus lifestyle. It didn't happen and I went away, that is, until now. (Handy not having to register. I must have been smart back then.)

Y'all are smarter than me... is this a M4 Sherman Tank dashboard? I have reason to believe it is, but I can't find a whole lot of information.

KIMG0001.jpg

Thank you for your time :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ADDITIONAL PICS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KIMG0011.jpgKIMG0008.jpgKIMG0005.jpgKIMG0012.jpgKIMG0009.jpgKIMG0006.jpgKIMG0004.jpgKIMG0010.jpgKIMG0007.jpgKIMG0003.jpg

Last edited:

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, if it is for sale I could really use it. I have a trade going on with another tank collector and this is one of the items he was looking for. THANKS

steelypip

Whoever buys it, please, please service the tach and speedometer before you put it in your tank (presuming you do put it in a tank you plan to move at some point). I guarantee (from experience with much newer ones) that the 70+ year old grease and oil in there isn't going to do the job.

SD T16

This is like a trick question! The Low oil pressure light also say High water temp so one would say GAA..... But the tag with starting instructions gives the warning to hand crank the engine..... Thats for RADIALS! ...which are air cooled.

Is it for sale?

Sean