• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416-A1 & M101-A2 interchange???

bowtieman55

This is my current M416-A1 surge brake/hitch setup. I want to go back to original. 20130709_200529.jpg20130709_200536.jpg The M101-A2 looks EXACTLY the same to me (in this picture). Is the surge brake/pintle and drop-down leg stand the same? Will it replace my current hack-job?hitch.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I know for certain that the whole assembly will not swap and don't know if the leg will but the ring part from the 101 may. Measure it and see. 2cents

Last edited:

harleyhouse

You are towing with a full size Chevy tear off all of that heavy crap and run with parking brakes only. Fab a new custom nose hitch mount or there is one on ebay for $75.00 that should work.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The whole assembly is different, however the lunette, shock absorber, and master cylinder are the same. The landing leg is different and will not work without some modification.

bowtieman55

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
If you look at your picture of the m101a2, you can see it has the one piece landing leg. m416s have a "2 piece" landing leg (the landing leg swivel bolts to the landing leg). The older m101a1 trailers also had a two piece landing leg. The landing leg swivel is different, but the leg will bolt up to a m416 swivel, but is slightly taller than an m416 leg.

bowtieman55

Gotcha. Thanks so much for your insight. On another note; if you feel that the lunette WILL work, I can get the whole surge brake/hitch setup for much cheaper than a lunette online.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Gotcha. Thanks so much for your insight. On another note; if you feel that the lunette WILL work, I can get the whole surge brake/hitch setup for much cheaper than a lunette online.
They share the same part number: 10632. So you can just take it out of an m101a2 and install it in your m416a1.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks