• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 frame needed

woytovich

A friend of mine bought an M416 on another friend's say so... well it turned out to have a pretty rusted frame... mostly where the springs attach. So... we are looking for a decent replacement frame, a source for the spring-to-frame brackets or any other suggestions for solving the saga of the rusty frame. My buddy is located on Northern NJ so the more local the better...

(Thanks in advance from a newbie here)

Mark

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M416 axle, but I doubt that will help you.

I know DL Bensinger sells brand new repro trailer frames, but he may have ones for the MBT WWII trailer only.

Good luck in your search....

M725

4514 Pacific Heights Road
Oroville, California 95965
Phone 800-353-3772
Fax 530-534-6769
A Division of Direct Surplus Sales, Inc.

Over 40 Years of Supplying Parts and Technical Advise to the Jeep Enthusiast

TrailersMB Trailer Assembly with Chassis, MB-TRAILER-2, $2,274.95They might sell just the frame

CGarbee

Shipping would be a pain unless you can wait until the Aberdeen Rally in May and pick it up there or have a buddy snag one for you, but I have a M416 frame sitting in my backyard in Raleigh, NC, that is looking for a home.

Not perfect, but not bad (some surface rust, seems straight and square but I have not pulled a tape on it to check).

woytovich

Shipping would be a pain unless you can wait until the Aberdeen Rally in May and pick it up there or have a buddy snag one for you, but I have a M416 frame sitting in my backyard in Raleigh, NC, that is looking for a home.

Not perfect, but not bad (some surface rust, seems straight and square but I have not pulled a tape on it to check).

Interested... please drop me an email with pics and details... THANKS.
Mark

kenklausner

Mark, I had the same problem, rotten frame, what i am having done is a local sheetmetal shop is bending up new channels, gusset plates, and the shock brackets are being remade. tuff road to go but worth it for me. The tub is shot too, so we are going to make a scaled down version of a M101 to fit on the M416 frame. I have a very clean 416 and can't bring myself to cut a tailgate into it so the start from scratch approach.

Ken

woytovich

Well my buddy decided to have a new frame made, attach the existing spring hangers etc and he had the tub blasted. It's going to be a rocking trailer when he;s done... it's just too bad the "friend" that looked at it prior to purchase didn't recognize the crummy condition it was in...