• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 hct?

OldWarHorse

Is this an issued lid for the M416?
the seller says it is, but I don't see it in the manual, or find any references to it.

he calls it a HCT, high capacity top?

I do like it!

Thanks for any insight.

image.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Never seen it in any book, but I've seen at least 5 of those on m416s so I'd guess that it is legit. It's also possible that it was made and sold by a surplus dealer, but I'd guess it's military.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen those before, like previously said, It could be unit modification or a dealer modification.

OldWarHorse

I was planning to go with a expedition type cargo rack, but I really like this. I do like to keep my stuff dry and secure.
May have to take a detour on my plans!

thanks,

quickfarms

I have seen quite a few of them over the years. They were military but I do not know if the were unit constructed or purchased.

There is also a unit constructed one that looks like a pup tent.

What is it made out of?

FrankUSMC

These trailers popped up a lot for sell in the 1990s. What I was told back then, they were military trailers converted by the Tennessee valley authority. I think Sam Warner bought a lot of them and sold them though his surplus company.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

OldWarHorse

The owner says it is made of aluminium, I haven't gone to see it yet so I can't confirm that. But it makes sense, I think that much steel would be pretty heavy unless it is very thin.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice!

Is it hinged at the tongue end, with pneumatic cylinders to hold it open? Or put the hinge on the side. So much easier to use if it is going to be a camp trailer.