• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 Trailer

cbvet

(I'm reposting this, as I made an error in the title when I first posted it)

A few years ago my buddy & I bought our first Mighty Mite. It came with a "free" M416 trailer!

Now my buddy Rod was supposed to go to Marine Corps mechanic's school, but was changed to motor transport at the last minute. No mechanic's school.
I think I'll write the Commandant about that.

Because now I'm stuck trying to teach an old Jarhead that you really can't fix everything with a bigger pry bar, a heavier hammer, or a crew-served weapon!

He's getting much better though.

He took over the M416 project. Got it sandblasted, painted (by me), new wheel bearings & new tires. Probably about $700 in the "free" trailer so far.

When he brought it to my place for painting, we noticed that the wheel bearings seemed kinda loose.

Popped the cap & discovered the axle nut lock washers are too big for the axle. The tab rides right out of the groove. No good at all. He said he didn't think it looked right, but figured it would be okay. Remember, former Marine.

Apparently he had a hard time finding the bearings, never did locate new seals, and now has to search for the lock washers.

Aren't free trailers great?

Ripcord01

Yep! Free trailers are never "Free". They always end up costing more money. Maybe someone will chime in and assist with parts. Good luck. Have you called Saturn ? There are some great folks here someone surely must have a few "loose" nuts.. these folks may be able to help you. alot around this site. http://forum.ih8mud.com/

Last edited:

cbvet

George at White Owl, 252-522-2586, came through with the correct parts & was even able to speak slowly enough so a Marine could understand him. Heckuva nice guy.
Thanks George!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks