• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 cdn

John Shipley

Patient Compartment Parts...Good evening; apparently parts are getting tough to find for this old Dodge. I've been searching salvage yards in Michigan without any luck. Since I'm retired Army, I can do some travelling: any recommendations? THANKS, "have wrench will travel".

John Shipley

Thanks for everyones suggestion...M43CDN project is moving along steadily. Found interesting markings and paint under several layers including: US NAVY, ...Ambulance Corps, "Salty Dog" with a Pluto type character. Does anyone know of a site that
I might find specific history on this vehicle? THANKS, having fun...John

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patient Compartment Parts...Good evening; apparently parts are getting tough to find for this old Dodge. I've been searching salvage yards in Michigan without any luck. Since I'm retired Army, I can do some travelling: any recommendations? THANKS, "have wrench will travel".
Ready to scrap a donor M43 that I have. There are still some usable parts.
Brush guard , front bumper , headlight buckets, tail lights, fenders, hood support rods, instrument panel , glove box, etc. Drop me a message

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call SECO in Augusta, they had several they were going to scrap. (they were rough but insides may be good).

John Shipley

Thanks to all of you for the tips..I'm now down to the infamous litter racks and a couple other minor items. Exterior body work is almost complete, exterior paint will flow next week.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a FOR PARTS ONLY stripped M43 (no engine, no trans, nothing under the hood at all/ The only thing still there was the two axles and transfer case and body. The key was that the entire rear was 90% intact. (No personnel heater or heater controls and no ventilation fans or motors.

This was the only way I could get the rear compartment components. I think you may need to buy a donor truck I did that is a mess except that it has the rear compartment intact .

There are also MV salvage yards around. I will keep a look out in Arizona, Nevada and Calif.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks