• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 daily driver build-suggestions?

birdman customs

Building an M43 "daily driver" so looking for suggestions/experience from folks that have done similar projects. Looking for suggestions on power steering conversion (parts to use, OEM or otherwise) and automatic transmission upgrade/conversion. Truck currently has running 318, otherwise pretty stock.
Also, has anyone done a disk brake conversion or know any info about that? your thoughts, guidence, suggestions would be welcome. :-D

M-37Bruce

Pic's?

Ugly Truckling, Ray Suiter has all the items you need, check it out.
I have the disk brake kit, still not installed, but when the weather turns cooler, its gonna happen.
We need pic's!

Inex Page

stalker

M43

Not driven everyday, but definitely a couple times a week :!: Stock except for the 40 inch tires, welded rear end, and the home fabricated front bumper. Have driven him on many 60 and 70 mile trips I can definitely state the power steering would be real nice and at over 7100 lbs disk brakes would be a nice addition although I really don't have too many people pull out in front of me.... They seem to want to see this old beast go by first. I pulled this one from an overgrown field and had to get him running and road and trail worthy over the last year or so. Let me know if you need any info and I will help if I can. Tim