• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 Exhaust Manifold

Hello, So I am looking currently for an exhaust manifold for my M43 ambulance. I was wondering if there is a part number for it that I could order one from Napa or Oreilly's. I want to get the cheapest one out there. Also if anyone on here has one I would love to get it.
Any help is much appreciated.

TAKPAK

Hi there. I too have an M-43, and it had a broken exhaust manifold. Fortunately, I had another "donor" engine that had a good one, so I just swapped the intake/exhaust assembly together. Be advised that the intake and exhaust manifolds are a "matched set" when assembled, so if you get just the manifold, you might have to have your existing intake checked and machined for a matching fit. Not a big deal for a good machine shop. Unless you can find someone with a donor engine, you can buy the manifold from either Midwest Military or Vintage Power Wagons, or watch EBay. They won't be cheap, however.

I'm not sure what engine is in your M-43 but if it is a 230 Dodge engine that is in the M37 model you can and can't get parts for any of the local parts supplier. When you are working on the drivetrain I would refer to the M37 for parts. On the exhaust manifold you can get them from several military suppliers if you just google the part. Also I would think there is some old car junk yards that have old Dodge cars and trucks in Utah. I found my in a old car junk yard off a car you just have to make sure the exhaust dumps out the back not in the middle.

Good luck Also I would try www.garbee.net he has a spread sheet that give the mechanical interchanges that you can get at NAPA, etc