• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 in Longview, NC. $3000

MDSA

First of all, this is not mine. Some friends at church saw it at a car lot in Longview. I checked it out today after work. I am tempted but don't need a project truck. Will try to get pics off my phone.

The car lot owner took it as a trade. He said he'd take $3000. He was three when his father died in Vietnam. He might donate it to a veteran group in honor of his father if no buyer appears.

Does not run but everything is there. Looks original under the hood except for a few things. Looks like starter is missing, there is an alternator rigged to run off the generator belt. There is a coil attached to the firewall.

The body is all there, but with some rust through. After market seats, dash looks real good - original. There are two batteries under the passenger seat but I did not check if they are wired for 24 volts.

there are two original beds in back, roof spotlight is still there, the back step is there, only one piece of glass is slightly cracked, all other glass good, doors all work, the little storage doors under the bed are good, I don't see anything butchered. The back floor is rotting through, and as I said, there is rust.

Old tires, but lock out hubs have been added. No winch.

vtdeucedriver

Definatly needs some work. Looks like the ignition and electrical got the 12V conversion. The body has the typical M-43 rot at the roof line. Fenders looks straight and whats nice to see is the usually missing folding rear step. 3K is a bit steep in my eyes for a M-43. Ive seen nicer ones that run and drive for that price.

ccf460

I saw this truck at his "shop". He had his "mechanic" trying to rebuild the starter. He seemed like a very shrewd businessman/ scrap dealer to me.
I don't think he cares anything for this vehicle, except for the $$ he thinks it is worth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks