• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 paint question

John Shipley

Good evening....Currently restoring a 1955 M-43CDN. I'm assuming the CDN used the same paint color as the US in '55. Any knowledge on the original 1955 vehicles? Also any recommendations on brand that's durable but fairly easy to use; I haven't tried the 2-part paint but heard it's tough.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I use Rapco and alot fo other guys here do also.
Its Rapco Parts Company , they can help you and will be able to help with your paint questions also. I know someone will post it , I forgot the Paint number for them in 55'. Would have been the same as the 51' and 52' I restored, Jay

majorhitt

It maybe 24087, the same as my 51 M37. Take the blackout light off,the two bolts that hold it on just above the left side head light. That little area last saw daylight just before they mounted the light. It should have the original color there. No sunlight to fade the color, so it should be a good spot to look.