• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m43b1 first timer need direction

a little crazy

Bought this thing for $1.500 couldn't pass it up. But I don't know anything about military trucks. Got it home and started to research it and found out that this is going to be tuff. After talking to a couple of you I have decided to go ahead and make it a camper while keeping the exterior looking original. First I have to get it running. Can anyone tell me what diesel engine and manual transmission would work for this application? This thing is going to get me to my fishing spots, lot of 4 wheeling needed. To reach my favorite spot, I'll be driving through soft sand and water 3 feet deep, up and down rocky hills. I would like to rebuild the litter racks for beds, but need pics and dimensions to do it. (Cant find any) any help would be greatly appreciated. 20130310_145910.jpg

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Whoo! Glad to see you figured it out and got your new thread. Nicely done. The only grief I will give you is that I now have a crick in my neck. Lets see if we can get those pics upright, shall we?
20130310_145910.jpg20130310_145936.jpg20130310_150140.jpg20130310_150233.jpg20130310_150305.jpg

vtdeucedriver

Thanks, wish I knew where to get info and parts for it. Right now my only source is ebay.
Get yourself registered and comfy here............we will guide you www.g741.org
There are many vendors for these old dodges and all are great.
John Bizal at Midwest Military
Fred Potter at Adirondack Dodge
There are also the gang at Vintage Power Wagon.
First things first, get registered over on the G741!! Its all about those dodges. Come over and say hi.

vtdeucedriver

You asked about engines............I think alot are happy with the 4BT. I also have seen the 3 cylinder detroit installed in one if you can put up with the brute noise.
Many threads on repowering the M-37 and M43 here.
www.g741.org

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks