• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43B1

M-37Bruce

Driver's side, just ahead of the steering box, on the frame rail, 3/4 " block numbers. You might need a razor scraper, and or some steel wool?
No Data Plates, are you sure it's a B-1?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: M43B1

airbornebandsman said:
Yeah it's an M43B1, the only plate missing is the one with the year and serial #s (of course) I found on the back above the doors US ARMY 3E 0501 Don't know what those #s are either.
The 3E0501 is the U.S. Army registration number - roughly equivalent to a license plate number. Your truck is indeed a M43B1, built in 1963. Its serial (VIN) number should be 10219.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: M43B1

Mik,
I only try to keep up with VIN numbers, registration numbers and delivery dates - which are useful for my book projects. I have no access to (and little interest in) usage - sorry. You may try Medlog - but for a vehicle that old one is pressing their luck.

Regards,
David