• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M44 Deuce Question

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a bed for a M35a2c I have that is bedless. I found a deuce gasser on a chicken farm with a honey dew tank on it, so I had to ask if he still had the original bed for it. And to my surprise he did! Unfortunately it has been sitting on the ground since 1984 full of fence post and covered in honey suckle vine as thick as my little finger. The bed looks like a M211 bed with the wheel wells in the bed and wheel well cutout on the side of the bed. If it is not completely rusted out will it fit on my M35 with out modifications?
James

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
sounds like a m34 bed, it will fit, but it is narrower than a m35 bed (if you have duals in the rear, they will stick out)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OOOH Rumplecat you may have found something there. If it has wheelwells and NO wide diagonal braces on the outside of the bed over the corners of the cutout, it is a M34 gas deuce bed. If there are the diagonal braces, it is a GMC M135 bed, which is much, much more common. The bolting arrangement is the same for the M34, M135, M211, M35, M35A2. If it is a M34 bed, not rusted out, and you do not want it, please PM me.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will go out in a couple of weeks after we have a hard frost to cut it out of the brambles, but sitting on the ground and full of rotting fence post, I don't hold out much hope of it being intact. I will post photos next visit.
James

PS: The gasser has single 11X20s on it!