• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M44 Series Oil Changes

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The Lube Order for the M44 series says to change the engine oil when the oil analysis says so.

Since few of us have (easy) access to oil analysis, I'd like to know what you guys are doing. In terms of oil change intervals.

My truck had a fresh oil change and filters when I got it, that's been about 7 weeks ago and approximately 600 miles.

If you only clear 1000 miles in 3 months, I can't imagine that changing the oil is still recommended.

I checked mine this morning and it hasn't used a drop since I picked it up. Still over the full mark.

Thanks

houdel

I used Baldwin oil filters based on the MultiFuel Filter and Gasket Interchangeability Chart (in the technical Article section) claim that they were the best fit. None of the gaskets that came with the Baldwin filter are the correct size. The chart recommends either a Baldwin B-241 or G-107 base gasket, I bought both and couldn't see any difference between them, both fit fine. I bought the filters on line from B-Line Filter & Supply (http://www.blinefilter.com/) for $5.47 each, the gaskets were under a buck each. When I changed my filters I reused the fiber washers under the bolt head. One of them decided to leak so I went to my local parts store looking for a replacement. One place carried the Dorman line of misc parts, he had some fiber washers with the correct 1" ID bit the OD was slightly smaller. It worked just fine and they were pretty cheap, $0.50-$0.75 each so I bought a few extras.

How much are you guys paying for your WIX filters, and are both the base gasket and the fiber washer the right size?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'm paying right around $5.00 ea for the WIX. The filter comes with a few different gaskets. The flat one fits the base of the filter housing perfectly. No fiber washers for the top. I need to buy a dozen of those. If I had my choice I'd buy Baldwins but the WIX are on the shelf at the parts house and darn near as good. I think I have 3 complete sets of spare filters on the shelf and almost every time I go to the parts house I get more. Since Devilman96 changed out his primary, I lucked into his stash if prmary fuel filters.

Banshee365

I replaced the oil and all 3 fuel filters in my deuce before pickup with the Baldwin parts. The oil filter gaskets included are the right size along with the one of the gaskets included with the primary fuel filter. The primary fuel filters gasket is a little larger in diameter than the secondary/final i think. The engine mounted fuel filters required a different gasket, picked up the M96T or something like that over my local John Deere counter and they fit. The baldwin filters do seem to fit great.

-Kelly

houdel

Hmmm - I had just the opposite problem, the oil filter gaskets DID NOT fit, the fuel filter gaskets were a PERFECT FIT!