• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M447C trailer

roadagent

A couple of pictures of my new trailer. I think they are cool. I have all side panels. 2 heaters (1 working, 2nd needs more trouble shooting fuel lines on carb installed backwards.) Roof needs some rivets and new water proofing. Some one used aluminum rivets into steel supports:roll:. The trailer just needs a weekend with some nice weather to get staightened out. I think it was used to test generators. Four load bank boxes and lots of cable. Any one have an extra a/c unit for these?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were 1200 miles closer, you would only have 146 miles to come fetch it. Sucks to be this close to Cuba! As a matter of fact, if anyone is serious about getting this thing out of my yard, I'll consider deuce parts trades too. I even have the approach ramps and 5th wheel I can get rid of. Bring your cargo or M200 and bolt this stuff on and be gone with this trailer. Would also be cool to lose the van body and put an M36 body on it for a cargo trailer. (bodies are the same length).

Last edited:

DavidB

I also have a M447 here in south east Wisconsin that I don't like looking at either. Have one that has a twenty foot long wheel base five ton dropside cargo bed on it,useful set up.
BUT ALL I WANT FOR Christmas is two M146 boarding ladders NSN 2540-00-974-3831 FSM (19207) Part number7034270.
DavidB:-D

98hd

I also have a M447 here in south east Wisconsin that I don't like looking at either. Have one that has a twenty foot long wheel base five ton dropside cargo bed on it,useful set up.
BUT ALL I WANT FOR Christmas is two M146 boarding ladders NSN 2540-00-974-3831 FSM (19207) Part number7034270.
DavidB:-D

PM me if your interested in parting with it. My tractor should be functional in a few months and I'd like to get a trailer for it then.

oilcan

And it would've only doubled my drive. Well, maybe a little more than double.

Borrow a dolly and drag it to haspin.

Gee whiz, My little slim jim guy is noisy tonight!

So I am bidding on one myself, on yours I see that you have the sides folded up and down for the ceiling and floor so where did the sides to enclose it come from or are they part of the trailer factory. If not how did you get them?

kurtkds

There are 3 options.
Option 1 open sides with posts and chains to prevent person from walking off edge
Option 2 canvas curtains for bad weather operation, I believe that is the typical setup. Stored in storage box on front of trailer.
Option 3 hard insulated sides for arctic operation. Stored inside while in motion.
uploadfromtaptalk1429049573796.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's stuff like this that makes me impressed at the ingenuity of the Army... capable of establishing/designing/building (knowing need to be built) such capabilities/uniqueness. We literally, for decades, had the ability to just roll up, stop, and set up shop, even more so than today in some (many?) aspects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks