• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M45 530 C in action

dmetalmiki

My trucks each and all have a 'character' of their own. our three deuces all run and perform differently..BUT (and but) I have to tell you (all) , (shucks..) . I got a BIG lump in't throat as I watched and videoed my 530C tanking up the road! seriously..'tiz quite my favorite truck. And The cadets love it, as you can readily see.
This 'action' took the form of assignments for bennym45 and tinygpw after the last show of the season. As the sunset set the backdrop.
They both did all the preparatory work and servicing to present it at the show, and then to have it perform in all the functions for the first time ever.
We are all very proud of them So. Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/Dr6M7g5EmvA
https://youtu.be/dc9v8G7vCVM
https://youtu.be/BIGYK1yNFYc
https://youtu.be/AvpMTbiQmUs

jasonjc

Thank you so much for posting those vid's. It makes me want to get mine up and running so much more.

But that siren just does' not sound right for that truck. But the engine sure does sound great.

dmetalmiki

AH. sorry about the siren, (not really!) that ruck was in service on a U.S, Air-force base when I was working there. Loved it then OWN it now. (chuffed more then I can convey). And the siren kits lights AND bells! WERE original kit as that unit was not destroyed (most all were) but seconded to the R.A.S.C and baged painted and kitted out British mod style. Sold out of there through the M.O.D.
Can I find an original pic?.....yep found one.
And I WILL post up a video with everything sounding off to the max on Saturday. Keep an eye out.
I personally find the 'new york' g sound and wolo fire chief horn fantastic. (people at shows most certainly do.)

Attachments

WV New Guy

Glad to see a 530C in action unfortunately I've seen a bunch cut up for bobbers ,I'd be more than willing to trade my 923 for a 530C . Awesome refurb of a true workhorse relic there !

dmetalmiki

Glad to see a 530C in action unfortunately I've seen a bunch cut up for bobbers ,I'd be more than willing to trade my 923 for a 530C . Awesome refurb of a true workhorse relic there !
Thank you, That truck is my favorite out of the 9 trucks in my possession. It also takes the 'favorite' vote by our crew, and the public (especially children) at events. Your looking at 12 years work there actually. HA! but, as I seem to have enthused you..'come back Saturday night' for a video of the final sound kit repair fitted. And I will GET to drive it..yep, all the lads had a go, they did a lot of the work and had the 'treat'..Ah but Saturday..My Turn!.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Nice videos, thanks for posting! That's what mine used to look like before someone bobbed it! Nice to see it in action.
Shame shame! Why is it that the rarest best looking and hard to find trucks get butchered. I will (probably) only ever part with mine to a genuine military vehicle collector/enthusiast, and or as well, a Fireman!.

More pictures of our work Past and present, (preservation And presentation) For events here in the U.K.

Attachments

Last edited:

ptg530C

These were known as Tactical Fire Trucks. They were present at most helicopter launches, used to put out fires off road and many were left in Iraq after being used to put out the oil well fires in 1991. They are a lot of fun to own and come in handy. Plus, most were kept in doors.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Yep, mine has the water and foam tanks, And the pure joy and satisfaction of seeing the truck run, pump, pump and run, no words for that, (for me) You ask is it a water cannon? surely you observed that in the first set of videos? Not a "cannon" however, it is a Monitor, And can discharge up to 600 G.P.M. with foam added in addition.
The Trucks monitor can be used for the Rapid discharge of fluid and chemical to douse a fire and generally this swamping is necessary in aircraft fires where there is limited time to effect rescue, Typically about 3 minutes, ( drive up discharging, (or stop and discharge / swamp the cockpit, get the pilot out.)).
It took about 12 years to get it all up and running with Every function now A.1. (including electric powered re-wind side discharge hose reels.)
I was fortunate to get all the keys water stand pipes, (U.S. and British)and a full set of Ladders (rare).Tools, and some fire fighting kit. It had a naturally aspirated engine with up rated injectors and pump. We fitted a turbo, which makes it VERY quick indeed ( not that it was not quick before) and now also sound awesome to boot.
Most everyone in our group vote it as the best truck in our combined fleet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks