• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m45 fire truck recovery.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I picked up a pretty nice m45 today.I have never had one of these.It seems pretty complete,I will try to start it tommorow.I was parked about a year ago_Once I get her going,it will be for sale.m45 fire truck 001.jpgm45 fire truck 002.jpgm45 fire truck 007.jpgm45 fire truck 005.jpgm45 fire truck 008.jpg

If your interested in testing it I can explain how we test fire pumps to make sure they meet NFPA standards. Its not to difficult just need a water source to draft from and 20 feet of suction hose. From the pictures it looks like you have the suction hose already.

ptg530C

Fill the tank up with a hose from a faucet, read the instructions on the drivers door and start up the pump. It is quite simple. You might want to check out the TM's but it is not necessary. They are real easy to operate.

ptg530C

Put it back to original, take off those lights and the railing, find a couple more items like the spray applicators and fire extinguisher mounts, make some doors for the hose reels and re-paint it green and you will get 10,000 easy. let me know if you need any info.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto what ptg530c said - strip off all that extra crap and put it back original, paint it 24087 semi-gloss and you'll have a 10K truck easy.

jasonjc

Put it back to original, take off those lights and the railing, find a couple more items like the spray applicators and fire extinguisher mounts, make some doors for the hose reels and re-paint it green and you will get 10,000 easy. let me know if you need any info.
Hey ptg530C if you come across those spray applicators or any of the other stuff cheap let me know please. I've got nothing for mine:cry:

ptg530C

If you are looking for the correct accessories, get the tm for the truck and then start going to antique fire equipment swap meets. There's one in Jackson michigan where I found the applicators. That truck is also missing the spot lights. One good option is to add the vic system and put a control box on the back so you can hook up a hand receiver. I put mine in the first compartment on the drivers side. Plenty of space for it and the power control. It is also missing one of the tank holders under the draft hoses. You can also find the correct tanks at those shows. Does the truck still have the pump op plates on the doors?

ptg530C

Contact me and I will send you the correct stencil info. One thing I like about the fire trucks is they really had no mil info on them other than the bumper info, bridge load on the passenger door and the basic stuff like tire pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks