• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M49 Ring mount dimension needed

army70deuce

I have checked the TMs and as many pictures as I can find and have not been able to find the dimensions of the M49 Ring mount. Specifically I'm looking for the ring itself. Inside diameter, thickness of metal, specs on the lip at the top and bottom. I work in a machine shop and really want to be able to make one since they are quite expensive to buy, if they can be found. If anyone has the numbers or owns one and wouldn't mind spending some time with a tape measure that would be great. I'll throw it in a cad program and post the results for anyone who wants it.
Thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some I can measure. From memory it is 48 dia, 4" x 1" flat bar that you would machine a groove into both sides, then use a plate roll to make into a ring.

army70deuce

Thanks for the info, gives me a place to start. Do you know the depth of the groove and the spacing from top and bottom? I knew it couldn't be that complicated. Once I get this made and mounted I can start on the skate/carriage.
I'd like to add that this is the most helpful group of people I've ever dealt with. Both in knowledge and purchasing parts from.