• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M49A2C Question/advise?

Diamond_T_981

Hi There,

I'm new to this site and live in the UK.
I've owned an M49A2C for the past 23years, she's all complete with pump gear, hoses, even static line still there. unfortunatly someone has removed winch!!

The UK weather is returning the cab to nature but apart from that she is in good condition and drove until coil burnt out.Not to sure on year, have been told she's a 53'???

Does anyone know if she's a rare old girl or not?

I've some pics:

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/Image034.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/Image033.jpg
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/Image032.jpg

My father and I have spent the last 25years restoring 42' deuce, and three Diamond T's and am not sure as to wether she's worth keeping?

Any info would be useful,
Thanks,
Stuart

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a 1987 M49A2C and it looked nothing like your truck. I do not recognize the body. I have never seen an M44 series fuel truck that did not have the doors on the rear pump compartment. That could be a civilian body, it could be a body off of an older military truck, or it might be correct and I just have never seen one before. If it is correct, I suggest restoring the truck as the older gassers are getting very rare! Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Jake0147

The M49A2C is listed in the 209 series manuals as being a multi-fuel engine, not gas.
HERE is more what I would expect the body to look like.

Gas deuce and a halfs are not terribly common, and even less common with the gas engine still in them. My vote is to fix it up.

tamangel

is it a water tanker or fuel tanker?

could it be a M50A2

maybe a later Euro body replacement? Any dash plate pic's?

Mike

edit: after looking at the no smoking sign on the back, guess its a fuel tanker :roll:

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even the water trucks I have seen have the rear compartment with doors. I don't recognize the body.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
What this gentleman has is the real deal, all military all the way - but it is not a M49A2C. It is a Type L-6 750 gallon oil servicing truck built primarily for servicing aircraft for the US Air Force.

Relatively speaking - a M108 or M60 would be a common vehicle compared to this one - hence it is well worth saving.

Here is a spec sheet.

HTH,
David Doyle
MVPA Supply Line editor

Attachments

Diamond_T_981

Hey,thanks for everyones input.

A special thanks to DDoyle. Looks like she's worth saving then.

Although I have seen a few M35's over here in the UK there doesn't seem to be that many.

She really could do with a replacement cab, are hard top cabs avaliable over in the US?

What sort of money do they go for?

Once again, thanks to all.

Stuart.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks