• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4A1 HST Ops, Pics

No.2Diesel

Hi,

This was the second year that a WWII Living History event was held at a local Restoration Village. Check here for last years event thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/tanks-apcs-etc/69925-easy-8-sherman-ops-pics.html

The weather was perfect and was well attendend by the public. Several WWII Vets attended as well and shared their experiences. Participants travelled from as far as NJ,PA,CT to attend and brought with them some amazing collections of gear, firearms and MVs. The museum I volunteer for brought out some of their collection with a couple of new additions, those being an M4A1 High Speed Tractor and the accompanying M1 155mm Long Tom Howitzer recently acquired from the Kronlund Collection. I was fortunate enough to operate the combination over most of the weekend. The E8 Sherman was running great as was the M8.

Also newly acquired is a like new condition M936. It was fun to operate.

The HST is well suited for its job. Hitched to the M1 you just ease on the throttle and you don't even know its back there. Un-hitched, it really flies.

I'm not well informed when it comes to Artillery; what was the full compliment of crew for a Long Tom? It would seem that a HST would be a comfortable and spacious vehicle to travel through the country side but not if you have to share with 15 others haha.

Enjoy the pictures. I'll post some more.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks