• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4A3 Sherman Restoration

lilreddodge

Inspired by the photos posted by DoctorCheney223 of his Sherman I decided to post some pictures of the current restoration of my M4A3. With the help of friends we started to tear into it last year, but work was stopped up to a couple of months ago. I have 2 hard months of stripping, sandblasting and painting in. I hope to have the lower hull done and running by next spring/summer. If there is interest I will keep posting pictures as work progresses.

IMG_1026.jpgIMG_1077.jpgIMG_1079.jpgDSC00927.jpgDSC00926.jpgDSC00936.jpgDSC00940.jpgDSC00946.jpgDSC00957.jpgDSC00956.jpg

Sapper55

Please, Please, Please, keep us glued to this thread! This is beyond awesome!! The detail is fascinating. Thanks for the pics and updates.
Sapper55
Army Strong!!

lilreddodge

I'm currently working on the vertical volute suspensions. I have three of the six sandblasted, painted and reassembled. I included some photos. I have the other three sandblasted and hope to have them painted over the weekend. I will keep the posts coming, but it may get slow and boring for a while after I get the suspensions back on the hull. Next I have a lot of storage compartments and other sheet metal parts to repair from the interior.

DSC01034.jpgDSC01038.jpgDSC01043.jpgDSC01053.jpgDSC01058.jpgDSC01060.jpgDSC01064.jpgDSC01065.jpgDSC01056.jpgDSC01057.jpg

Another Ahab

Restoration Done Right. Wow. Text Book and Impressive.

And a searchable title, featuring forensic quality photos, and informative descriptions.

Huzzahs and a resounding cheer rising up from the masses. Tears of joy from the eyes of every mother. Children dancing in the streets.

Please continue the spoon-feeding. Can't get enough. Can't thank you enough!

battlecr

Wonderful job. The real fun will be when you start seeing parts going back on! It can also be the most frustrating too. As the little details start slowing you down. I'm just finishing my dash on the halftrack. So I can appreciate the work and time that goes into this. But what a wonderful machine you will have when you are done!!!!!!!!!!!

Don G

Another Ahab

Sidebar on this thread about Armour.

Regarding the German Blitzkrieg of WWII, I read where the French debacle was summarized by French general Charles Delestraint:

- "We had three thousand tanks and so did the Germans. We used them in a thousand packs of three, the Germans in three packs of a thousand."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks