• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M5 engines removal

98taco3

That twisting procedure looked like quite the song and dance to get them both out. Going to attempt to rebuild what was in there or going to find replacement engines for it? Also notice that the little joe is still in place. Shame so much water got to it!

Last edited:

mhassett

I would like to see more about this project as it really looks interesting.
quite an undertaking.
MHassett
Bush, LA

panzerwillie

We going to try to repower it with 2 6.2 diesel and turbo 400, we still need to remove more stuff including the APU and clean maybe sand blast iside and repaint and then do the marc up , afert a few measurements the the diesel power plants should fit more to follow:razz:

panzerwillie

Yes but defenetly not cheap never seen one for less than $2500, never seen one less than $2500 running condition, plus you would need the adaptor for the TB400 and trany, i think what we have on mind with the 6.2 diesels from a CUCV is the best way but i did mention the 4BT would be nice, i think even the 6.2 diesel make more power than does CADDY flat heads:???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks