• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M5 Generator

Carl_in_NH

I have a friend that owns one of these M5 generators - and brings it to the rally to run various equipment. It's a nice little genset, and very quiet. 3KW of 1/3 phase 115V, if memory serves. If it doesn't do 240V split phase it's going to be of limited value to the person that wants it for backup power, and I believe that's the case with the M5. If one just want's a piece of WW-II history to run various 110V things, then it has collector value. I'll ask if he knows the going rate - but you know the story with that, it's all about location.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend that owns one of these M5 generators - and brings it to the rally to run various equipment. It's a nice little genset, and very quiet. 3KW of 1/3 phase 115V, if memory serves. If it doesn't do 240V split phase it's going to be of limited value to the person that wants it for backup power, and I believe that's the case with the M5. If one just want's a piece of WW-II history to run various 110V things, then it has collector value. I'll ask if he knows the going rate - but you know the story with that, it's all about location.
Any information would be appreciated Carl.

Thanks

Carl_in_NH

Here's what the M5 owner, Phil (and our club's newsletter editor), had to say;

"M-5 Generator have come up on e-bay through the years no real rime or reason to the price $75 for a good running complete unit to $1500 for not running incomplete unit. Mine is 3 phase 110V 50or60 cycle.

Here is the link to web page on my site which has the manual for them as a down load file http://www.canadianmilitarypattern.com/Generator.htm "

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what the M5 owner, Phil (and our club's newsletter editor), had to say;

"M-5 Generator have come up on e-bay through the years no real rime or reason to the price $75 for a good running complete unit to $1500 for not running incomplete unit. Mine is 3 phase 110V 50or60 cycle.

Here is the link to web page on my site which has the manual for them as a down load file http://www.canadianmilitarypattern.com/Generator.htm "

Excellent, thanks!

quickfarms

The price on ebay for a large item is related to several factors, that include the short time for the auction, who sees it and the location.

The 75 dollar price is probaly just a fluke

Just my 2 cents

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price on ebay for a large item is related to several factors, that include the short time for the auction, who sees it and the location.

The 75 dollar price is probaly just a fluke

Just my 2 cents
I agree, but still a fluke in ones (especially mine) favor is a good thing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks