• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M5 Generator

Carl_in_NH

I have a friend that owns one of these M5 generators - and brings it to the rally to run various equipment. It's a nice little genset, and very quiet. 3KW of 1/3 phase 115V, if memory serves. If it doesn't do 240V split phase it's going to be of limited value to the person that wants it for backup power, and I believe that's the case with the M5. If one just want's a piece of WW-II history to run various 110V things, then it has collector value. I'll ask if he knows the going rate - but you know the story with that, it's all about location.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend that owns one of these M5 generators - and brings it to the rally to run various equipment. It's a nice little genset, and very quiet. 3KW of 1/3 phase 115V, if memory serves. If it doesn't do 240V split phase it's going to be of limited value to the person that wants it for backup power, and I believe that's the case with the M5. If one just want's a piece of WW-II history to run various 110V things, then it has collector value. I'll ask if he knows the going rate - but you know the story with that, it's all about location.
Any information would be appreciated Carl.

Thanks

Carl_in_NH

Here's what the M5 owner, Phil (and our club's newsletter editor), had to say;

"M-5 Generator have come up on e-bay through the years no real rime or reason to the price $75 for a good running complete unit to $1500 for not running incomplete unit. Mine is 3 phase 110V 50or60 cycle.

Here is the link to web page on my site which has the manual for them as a down load file http://www.canadianmilitarypattern.com/Generator.htm "

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what the M5 owner, Phil (and our club's newsletter editor), had to say;

"M-5 Generator have come up on e-bay through the years no real rime or reason to the price $75 for a good running complete unit to $1500 for not running incomplete unit. Mine is 3 phase 110V 50or60 cycle.

Here is the link to web page on my site which has the manual for them as a down load file http://www.canadianmilitarypattern.com/Generator.htm "

Excellent, thanks!

quickfarms

The price on ebay for a large item is related to several factors, that include the short time for the auction, who sees it and the location.

The 75 dollar price is probaly just a fluke

Just my 2 cents

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price on ebay for a large item is related to several factors, that include the short time for the auction, who sees it and the location.

The 75 dollar price is probaly just a fluke

Just my 2 cents
I agree, but still a fluke in ones (especially mine) favor is a good thing!