• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 Recovery

buzzinhalfdozzen

I helped my old man drag his new (to him) M51 home last weekend. It's a 1960 with a 1967 rebuild tag. Gas motor ran pretty good considering the gas smelled like paint thinner. He plans on restoring it back to original. It needs a master cylinder and allot of body work. The township removed all the original lights so we have to hunt some down. Looking for some fuel tanks also.

I think it has bridge truck wheels and tires on the back? (came with 2 more for the front). He plans on going back to 11.00 duals.

cab protector is in the bed

Attachments

buzzinhalfdozzen

Got allot done today. Cab protector painted and bolted on. Hard top primered and bolted on. Took care of the brakes last week. Tested out the bed (worked great). I straightened out the bumper with my 818 and a chain. Then Joshs1ofakindxj stopped by to get his waste oil fix

Attachments

buzzinhalfdozzen

That cab shield weighs a ton, that must have been fun putting on.
We made a crane that fits on to the forks of my old mans forklift. Made life easy.

Just needs a new carb (he has one in the box), a good tune up, and the front end put back together now.

Oh, and the rat's nest of wiring figured out, no lights at the moment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks