• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51A2 down

andyindy

Just getting ready to put on some new used tires I just got from Bobr yesterday,took her out for a spin first, and lost the engine. Bad knock in the lower end,oil pressure normal, no oil in water, no water in oil, not getting hot, engine not missing at all. Restarts as normal.
Was a GSA truck, IROAN rebuild in 94, showing 6500 miles,(4100 when I got it) and 350 hours now.
( I know this doesn't mean this is correct) I've kept it serviced and taken care of it.
Guess I'll drop the pan first and see what I find, but need to finish up the D8 to make room for the Dump. Will probably take to the week end to get it out.
Hoping for the best, but planning for the worst. So I'm putting out feelers for a good running LDS for it. I'm not aware of anything else that will more or less be a simple bolt in swap. Kinda like the multi fuels anyway. Any ideas?
Thanks, Andy.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch the oil when you drain it and look for consistency and when you drop the pan check the oil pickup.

Gimp dropped one of mine 8 days ago and check each rod and main bearing caps. I think the oil was the problem since it has been fine since the change and cleaning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks