• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51A2 Dump Truck

WhiskeyJuliet

Not sure if I am posting this in the proper spot but this is where I'll start. If you can kindly tell me where this should go I can move it there.

Hello y'all, I was doing some maintenance on the old girl and was thinking about tires. First off I want to preface this with this is a ranch vehicle and doesn't and won't see highway miles. It's only used to climb up and down our big hills filled with gravel and/or dirt.

I am getting to the point where I need to think about tire replacement. I've seen where folks have gone away from duals in the rear to singles. I haven't priced out tires so I'm not sure if it would be worth while to go this route versus finding some older replacement tires for the duals I have now.

Another thought I had was going with a foam filled tire and putting tracks on it. Similar to how you do it for a bobcat. Can y'all tell me if this is a genius idea or a dumb one?

I have a few other questions about this old rig but will start here for now. Much obliged for the opinions and help.

WJ

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s a standard Budd pattern for wheels, how about some steel 24.5” wheels and 11R24.5 tires? Might even find some gently-used tires nearby since it’s only used on your property.

Or 11R22.5 on rears and a wide-based 22.5” tire/wheel on the front, like a 365 or 385? Replacements are widely available, including used….

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks