• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51A2 / MRAP / APC / Survival truck build thread, Part 1

metalman99

I agree with you, my choice would be an M932 for the shorter wheelbase and auto trans. My dilema is that to be as mission capable as possible, meaning a true survival / economic collapse situation where fuel is not readily available, this truck needs the multifuel and manual trans. I would rather have a auto trans behind the multifuel and still might look into it, but unless an NCH250 will run on WMO and all the other fun stuff the multiuel will, i've got to stay with this series truck to keep this real.

Ma Duce

I understand the survival part of the multi-fuel perspective. I just don't want to be grabbing gears when I have a bunch of other things to be thinking about, much less a driver who may not be all that familar with larger rigs.

metalman99

I totally agree for all the same reasons, that being said, can an auto trans be hooked up to a 5 ton multifuel engine?

Is there a computer with an auto trans for that engine?

Has anyone on SS done this with sucess?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I totally agree for all the same reasons, that being said, can an auto trans be hooked up to a 5 ton multifuel engine?

Is there a computer with an auto trans for that engine?

Has anyone on SS done this with sucess?

This Allison MT643 was bolted to a Detroit in a Canadian military truck. Likely would fit behind a multifuel.

Attachments

metalman99

I sold the M51a2 for this build since I decided I didn't want to mess with the dump / hydraulics / winch and both pto's. I also want a truck that has been gone through so I can start the build.

I'm back in the market for new truck, I'll post in the classifieds.

1. Do the M939 series trucks have any computers on them, to run the trans or anything?

2. Thanks for the responses on the automatic trans with multifuel, but does anyone on here have firsthand knowledge of doing it? Perfect combo for me is an M52 tractor with an auto trans.

I really need help with this, if anyone knows someone that has done this on a 5 ton, please let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks