• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51A2 vs. Big gut

98hd

The M35 steering wheel is 20" O.D., the other wheel that I bought this weekend is 18" O.D. I think it may be an 800 series wheel. It is only 1" xtra belly room, but 1 little inch may mean miles of comfort.
I got one of those wheels from Rodney at Iola (I assume you got one of the others he had). The one I got matches up perfectly w/ my 818 wheel.

I got one of those wheels from Rodney at Iola (I assume you got one of the others he had). The one I got matches up perfectly w/ my 818 wheel.
No, mine came from a guy in about the center of the swap meet, it was new in the box. I wanted to compare it to the wheel on my M813, but I moved it to my shop on Monday. Since yours matches up, I can assume the one I got is 800 series also.

98hd

No, mine came from a guy in about the center of the swap meet, it was new in the box. I wanted to compare it to the wheel on my M813, but I moved it to my shop on Monday. Since yours matches up, I can assume the one I got is 800 series also.
It could be a small deuce wheel, not sure. I know my 809 wheel is built a little bit squarer than the deuce ones, specifically the spokes, but I have never seen a small deuce wheel before.

Marcel

Chain Gang

I was looking for something a bit more military. I made a soap box derby car when I was 10 it had this type of steering wheel on it, found the wheel in the trash dump. What is a 6tl adapter tray and where can I get locking door handles?

OD_Coyote

I was looking for something a bit more military. I made a soap box derby car when I was 10 it had this type of steering wheel on it, found the wheel in the trash dump. What is a 6tl adapter tray and where can I get locking door handles?
You could paint it OD and nobody would be the wiser.:-D
The 6TL adapter trays allow you easily to install Optima 6TL batteries in the battery box. You can get them from ODIron at the link below:

OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

You can get the locking door handles < $10..0 each from the following site:

http://www.lowcosttrailersupplies.co...CTS/CTGY/K03x5

Marcel

You could paint it OD and nobody would be the wiser.:-D
The 6TL adapter trays allow you easily to install Optima 6TL batteries in the battery box. You can get them from ODIron at the link below:

OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

You can get the locking door handles < $10..0 each from the following site:

http://www.lowcosttrailersupplies.co...CTS/CTGY/K03x5
I have new military batteries so there is no need for me to buy the adapter tray but I did buy and install a plastic battery box---nice mod. I couldn't find the lockable handles at the trailer website so I am contacting a sales rep. Would the door handles fit on my M51A2? Soon I will be installing my spin-on oil filters but have not yet bought the spin-on fuel filter. Thanks for your help!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks