• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 Gas Tank Into Tool Box

dfanders

Folks,

We have an M52 with 2 Old rusty tanks. One has been replaced by an NOS tank. We also have a new fuel system (24 volt electric) and are not using the fuel selector switch. When we get to adding a second tank, it will also be NOS.

So we have these 2 tanks that take up alot of space. We decided that we could put the passenger side tank back into it's location and with some modfications , it would make a great toolbox. We have not yet finished the design. I should have remebered the saying.."measure twice, cut once" ...It's a good thing we have a second tank, as it looks like we will make the opening on the side not the top. :oops:

Now i have to decide what to do with this one. Here are some pics, so you can see the baffles inside. Looknig at them , i think they are going to stay in place, as removing them will be a B***H.

Any suggestions:idea:

Attachments

m.walker

I would cut the door on the side down to about 3 inches from the bottom so it could hold things in . Hinge , hasp or latch and some way to seal it and your in business ! I'm considering doing this to my passenger side tank because of rust also .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks