• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 on 16x20 XZL's

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Towman2277 said:
Nope, i've got the 6.44's. My top speed is 55 mph and I turn right at 2800 then. Maybe I just have a tight motor?!? It's only got 2,000 miles on the truck since last rebuild. I normally take off in second, and the motor doesn't lug one bit. :lol:
I forgot that the older 5-tonss only had 10.26's in the M139C (I think?) chassis. That is impressive with 6.44's. Those old gassers have a lot of low end torque and the gearbox is designed for their powerband, so I guess it should surprise anyone, but it always does (including me).

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that's a great looking M52! Do you pull a trailer? I just put 8 new 11x20's on the rear of my M52A2.

Nice piece of work! Really like the fact that it's a gasser. That spare looks out of place now, how are you going to handle that?

m.walker

Thanks for all the compliments guys , I'm not sure yet what to do about the spare . I don't want to make a lot of changes because it's a clean old tractor ( 1957 ) tires are easy to switch back . I rattle canned the rims ( they need a few more coats ) I didn't use O rings I used RTV silicone , I've not heard a lot of good about the O rings so I opted for the RTV . Yeah I've got an M750 trailer ( see pic ) the tires look like they'll clear but I think I'll need to put bigger tires on the trailer .Is the M750 like the deuce , it has 900x20's . Maybe supersingles with 14x20's , something to make it taller . Any suggestions ?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M750 has the same rear tire spacing as the deuce, 48". 395s will be as big as you can get on the trailer.

m.walker

I've only driven it 3 or 4 times since , and only short trips . The top speed is so much higher I'm sure the mileage will be better ! It's my hillbilly overdrive ! Mark

Twofeathers

I don't mean to rain on anyones parade but i would highly recomend not buying anything from Daniel at usa 6x6 that guy is a meat donut those rims bend if you hit a curb with them thats why they are so cheap. I have never been so dissapointed in a purchase as when i bought that guys product i had to straighten every rim that i bought they are junk ! no stamped centers no good not to mention daniel does bad business kind of a rattle snake pay today product next year he even forgot to drill out my valve stems and welded the flanges backwards yup all i can say is cutting torch and stick welder blind folded makes an even quality product

Timberwolf

twofeathers, i've had several good dealings with daniel. i've run his wheels, with no problems.
i waited longer for my Stazworks wheels then i did for my usa6x6 wheels, and staz didnt drill out my valve stem holes either.

you 1st post here, and your already bashing someone.... go get a life. :roll:

area52

wheel specs

Mark,

What are the measurements on those wheels you ordered for the 16 x 20 tires?

Are the front two different or just reversed?

thanks

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: wheel specs

Those pics of you truck look awesome! Much bigger, looks like a monster truck!

What MV do those 16.00x20s come off of?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: wheel specs

Now I really can't wait for my 1957 M 52 Gasser to get the paperwork done. Mine does not look anything like that but the needle gun is ready and the weather is starting to break so I am hopeful to make it look better but I don't think it will ever look as nice as yours, very sweet thanks for showing it to us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks