• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 paint

FreightTrain

Banned
What is the correct color for a 1952 M52 tractor and how much paint will it take to do it all?Axles,Frame,body,interior,underside,engine,trans,etc.Also,anyone got a picture of a early 50s truck in teh service so I can get ideas on markings before the MVPA convention.I want to try and buy as much stuff as needed there to save shipping.Especially the paint.Also,hwo well do the Harborfright/Chinafreight pots?I don't want Chip Foose quality paint.All I want is Nice smooth paint.Maybe I should hit Egay and find a used Binks for the $300-500 range?

FreightTrain

Banned
Thanks.When I get there I will try and find 4 or 5 gallons(extra is always good....I might screw up early and have to redo).I really want to paint this thing to Korean war colors.Thinking the WW2 green was correct but not real sure......

I kinda hope it was a USAF tractor but I doubt it....Would like to have something not-green and still original Military color.

Last edited: