• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 won't start

I looked through the TM's. Unless I'm ignorant, it doesn't cover the issue I am having.

one month ago the truck started and ran fine. I went out to start the truck and I got nothing. No fuel pump humming, no click of a starter. I assumed the battery's were dead.. Bought a 24 volt jumper, hooked it up and nothing still. But lights work fine.

When I turn on the master, the oil, battery, and fuel gauges peg out to the max. I checked battery connections and made sure they are tight.

Anybody have any any idea what my problem could be? Without a fuse box to check Im out of ideas here. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd start with the switch. It has like 4 connections on it. Maybe one of them isn't making continuity.

You might check each battery by them self . I turned off my m52a2 one day changed a tire went to restart and same thing . One battery went bad I was only getting 12 volts . I though I had a locked the engine because I had left the fuel pump on .

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have found that wires on the engine side of the firewall can have corrosion problems right at the end of the connectors where the wire goes into them. The wire can have a short section exposed there due to pulling stress or just old age then corrosion gets in. It can look like the wire is connected fine but when you pull on it it breaks off. We have found wires that the corrosion destroyed all but one or two strands which do not properly conduct the current, or even all of the strands but still held together by part of the wire covering causing mysterious failures.
Regards Martin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks