• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A1 Fifth wheel mounting question

I have an M52A1 (Mack engine model) that I need to put a 5th wheel on. I bought a 5th wheel from an A2 and the holes do not line up. Does the A1 use a different 5th wheel? The A1 has angle irons on the side of the frame with holes in them but no holes in the frame top rails for mounting the 5th wheel. The A2 wheel I bought has holes in it that line up with the frame rails. Several other A2 I have looked at have bolts through the frame top rails to hold on the 5th wheel. Are there some adapter brackets I don't have that go between the angle irons on the side of the frame rails and the 5th wheel I have or do I have the wrong 5th wheel? Thanks Al Hansel 507-528-2780

AMGeneral

If I remember correctly,my M52A1 had the same 5th wheel as my M52A2 and M52 gasser,all were interchangable.

The gasser is a 63,the A2 a 65 and the A1 was a 69.

Are you sure the prior owner didn't "make" a tractor from a M54A1 cargo?

A picture or 2 of the rear frame rails would help if possible.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Are you SURE the fifth wheel is NOT off a 931/932, these 5th wheels are wider and use the angle iron , the 39/809 series (m52/m818, m819) used the same frame width 5th wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks