• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 Home

vtdeucedriver

For those of you who attended the VT rally. I finally finnished that weekend and got the truck the rest of the way home. No problems after the airpack change..........everything went normal and no hot brakes. One of the SS members was there and gave me a fire extinguisher to take just incase..................please say hi........I owe you one big time! i need your address.

Jeff

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think I may have had a similar issue if you can be more descriptive. My M52 got quite hot while I was pulling my empty M127. It felt a lot like I had the trailer hook ups wrong and the trailer brakes were on. They were hooked up right but the truck was not able to make speed on 695 and I had to pull over and let it cool down.

acetomatoco

Drums hot? secondly, do you have a vented glad hand cover on the right front glad hand? if not, any leakage past the check valve results in a pressurized line and partail brake application...

vtdeucedriver

Here is the M52A2 in question at the rally. I showed up with the right rear smoking. While figuring it all out, I drained a 1/2 qt of water out of the airside of the airpack. I attempted to drive it home and got about 20 miles and had to pull over with my 2 right rear drums smoking. I changed the airpack a week later but only now got it home yesterday with no problems.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks