• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 Test Drive Successful!

rcflyer70

IMG_2055.jpgIMG_2053.jpgIMG_2051.jpgIMG_2050.jpgIMG_2047.jpgIMG_2045.jpgIMG_0303.jpgIMG_0302.jpg

Just completed first test drive of my M52A2 after major repairs; basically from the frame up. The project was started to repair the major rusted items like the fenders which were almost gone but quickly turned into going through the entire truck.
Since I sold my trailers, I decided to remove the 5th wheel and replace it with a flat bed with no modifications to the frame/truck. The list of new parts is so long, I would be here all night listing them. As can be seen in the cab pictures I went with new air ride seats, eliminating (but keeping) those horrible back breaking bench and spring loaded seats which I had put about 10,000 miles on.
I had originally planned on using Duplicolor Bed Armor on only the bed but my son talked me into doing the entire truck. It went on well over the original paint.

I still have a few items to complete to include the installation of the fuel fired heater (everything is installed except for the fuel line. I bench tested this little heater and it will be awesome this winter), the glove compartment and a Kats block heater. Next summer, it will get an A/C.

Last edited by a moderator:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! Judging from the condition of the rusted-out fenders, you've done a LOT of work! It looks great, and I'm really impressed with the interior, immaculate and well-done. You'll really appreciate those new seats, I've got a couple thousand miles on mine and they pay for themselves.

And good thing that your truck is looked after by Babu & Son; nobody will be brave enough to try to get near your baby with them on duty.

Thanks for sharing, great work!!

rcflyer70

Yes, I made the bed custom to fit the truck. The top compartment on the rear houses a step ladder to walk up onto the bed. The bottom cover can be raised to use the pintle for towing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks