• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 Wiring detail

ww2mbjeep

I've installed a replacement wiring harnass in my M52a2 and need help. The fuel transfer pump in on circuit 78, how and where does this circuit get power? What is the circuit number that provides the power?

rcflyer70

I think I have a wiring diagram for the M52A2. I'm heading to work now - will check when I get home (1:00am central) to see if anyone else has provided it to you. If not, I'll try to find it and get you the info.

Brian

area52

I have tried looking on here and on line but the best I could come up with is a M35A2 wiring diagram and guess on the other stuff that is specific to a 5 ton. On your fuel transfer pump wire, I don't know, sorry.

The M39 series tech manuals are kinda lacking in the schematics.

guner51

wiring diagram

If you have the complete wiring with the numbers to the wiring it worth its weight in gold. Nobody seams to have it, I mean nobody.
I'm rewired a m52a1 using a m35 wiring diagram and I know the wiring under the dash isn't right.
If you have the hole wiring diagram for the m39 series 5 ton I sure would like one myself .

ww2mbjeep

Guner51, can you help me with the circuit 78 question? I need to know how the transfer pump switch gets its power? Also, Kenny from Houston is changing harness's for his 52A2, maybe he will one day have a diagram?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've installed a replacement wiring harnass in my M52a2 and need help. The fuel transfer pump in on circuit 78, how and where does this circuit get power? What is the circuit number that provides the power?
If it's anything like my 5-ton, the power is supplied via #27 from the master switch to the selector switch for either left (#77) or right (#78) tank fuel pump. #79 is the ground return from the tank(s).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
on the m52a1/a2 and m51 a1/a2, the fuel is drawn for running from the left tank only, the right tank feeds the left tank by a transfer pump. this pump is the same one that is the fuel pump for the 109 box fuel heaters

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just went though all the -211 TMs that I could find ( 8 ) looking for a wiring schematic, non found ????? strange, any suggestions

hotdogs151a2

I have looked through every 5 ton manual (about 3 dozen) that I have and I am sorry to say no soap. The oldest manual is dated 1972, the newest is 2001.
Sorry that I could not help this time.
If you can find a TM manual #, I will recheck for you.
Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog