• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M530B parts questions

jsthnt@gmail.com

I bought an M530B that has been bobbed. I have looked at the tm's and can not find information on the M530B. There are a few parts that I can not identify what they are for.
1: there is a small tank under the passeger seat. What does it for?
2: there is a push button switch on the passenger floor like a dimmer switch.
3: the rear pto turns when the drive shaft is turning. Is this normal? Is there a way to turn it off.
4: on the top of the rear pto there is a cap missing what do i put back on it.
5: If anyone has a digital copy of the tm's for this model I would like to see them if that was possible.

Thanks in advance

jasonjc

The tank under the seat is a lube tank for the fire pump that is long gone.
The switch on the pass floor I'm petty sure is for the siren that is also gone.

Need a pic of the rear PTO.
The M530B was a fire truck mounted on a M44A2. It's just like a M35A2 cargo truck but instead of a cargo bed the M530B had a fire truck bed.
So look for TM 9-2320-361-__ 10 tru 34

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the truck and PTO ( I tried to get Ian Ar Xtreme 4X4 to let me have it. The PTO shift linkage was still all hooked up when I saw it. When you're sitting in the seat, look toward the back of the seat on the left. Unless it's been removed for some reason, there should be the shift lever for the PTO. Push it down to disengage the PTO. It will turn independently from the driveshaft but the T-case has to be in neutral. The gear the main trans is in determines the speed and direction of the PTO.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I can not find the lever to shut off the pto. I includid a pic of the top of the pto. The cap on top was just sitting on the top and it had berrings in it. I was wondering if it realy goes there.
I have also included a few pics of the heater system under the hood. It had a second hose with the canister in the middle with some tubes comming out of it. This hose hit the exhost and burnt a hole in it. I have also included a pic of the shut off for this hose and I am not sure which way is off and what it is for and where it goes. Any help and knowledge of these topic and the rest of the truck would be greatly apriciated.
thanks

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That cap looks like a U-joint bearing cap to me. It doesn't belong there.

jasonjc

The 4th pic is of a heat exchanger that was used to heat the water in the water tank of the fire truck. You do not need it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks