• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m536 recovery

amaverick88

well i picked up my new to me m536 trailer that i bought from BFR, which he was a pleasure to do business with. It must have been the mv gods were happy with the situation since i was downpouring right before i picked it up and started again after i picked it up. the drive from north ga to middle ga was pretty good as i was driving a half ton truck pulling a trailer that was designed to be pulled by the duece. the only problem i had was the trailer was a little bouncy going down the road but still handled decently. in the works for the trailer is new parking brake handles, brakes, and the lights.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the safe recovery and welcome to the Steel Soldiiers network of fanatics.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Centerville as in near Snellville? We're right up the road in Winder.

Coming to the Ga. Rally in October?

Welcome to the site!

amaverick88

thanks again for the welcome. yes i will be coming to the ga rally this year. i should have my own duece by then as well. i do believe i am right near snellville as well.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

If you like MV's and a good time the GA Rally is the place to be in Oct.

What was the original use for those trailers.......might make an interesting body for a bobber.

Anybody got another one for sale??

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
If I didn't infect him with the green iron bug then I'm sure I'm helping it along, lol. We work together and every chance we get we're talking trucks. I will make sure he is at the Ga rally.

amaverick88

hey you exposed me to it not sure if i should hate you for it or love you for it. you are helping it along and you set the hook so to speak after you let me drive your duece. the trailer i purchased was originally the m536 trailer which is what it is but had the laundry unit attached to the top of it which then made it the m522 which i think was the designation. correct me if i am wrong on that.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
The OP asked me to post more pics of the trailer and some more info so here they are. Oh and you were wrong, the laundry trailer designation is a M532:wink:. The bed is 8ft x 12ft, it has a 3 1/2 ton capacity on and offroad, empty it weighs in at just over 3k.

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
It was nice to meet you amaverick88. I can't post a link with this, but if you go to my profile you will see a M536 thread that has a link to the trailer's TM.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i plan on using it to tow vehicles from ny to ga.
Congrats on the purchase, I recently have been looking for a similar trailer.

Just wondering if 12' of deck is sufficient for hauling vehicles? Most stuff I own has at least 10' wheel base....

Otherwise the trailer looks perfect for a deuce.

Rick

hdmax

You just need a little more then the longest wheel base you will haul. A regular cab long bed pickup is approx. 134" wheel base, this trailer would have no problem with that. I just wouldn't go any longer.

Congrats on the purchase, I recently have been looking for a similar trailer.

Just wondering if 12' of deck is sufficient for hauling vehicles? Most stuff I own has at least 10' wheel base....

Otherwise the trailer looks perfect for a deuce.

Rick

amaverick88

i plan to haul my 79 f-100 from ny to ga once i get my newly acquired deuce up to speed since the brakes kinda blew out on me on the drive home. all thanks to the "special" previous owner who put dot 3 and who knows what else in in the brake system.