• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 electrical problems.

BillIdaho

I have a plain-jane M54, about a 1968 or so. Multi-fuel, and up until today, on the way home from the Memorial Day Services, absolutely NO problems. I noticed on the way home that I didn't have any headlights, brake-lights, or turn signals.
I am relatively certain I had the switch in the correct position.
Does anyone no of any quick checks, or should I just burn it to the ground now, and get it over with?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, check your connections, such as the 3-lever light switch and the Packard connectors from the dash on forward. Make sure that there are no cuts in any of the wires, and check to see if your ground wires are connected correctly everywhere. Let us know what happens then.

Wiring problems are always fun. Kinda like a scavenger hunt, but all the items you are looking for are black and 14 gauge.

acetomatoco

A real M54 has a 6602 Gas Engine.. Some were upgraded to Multifuel in a life extending program.. making them into M54A2s sort of... I would bet that you have your light switch in parking lite position or that the switch has gone south.. headlights, brake lights, and turn signals (and horn) are controlled by the main light switch... Just r and r the switch with another from anything from M38 to M123 and it is a quick check... you don't even have to take the switch out... just screw off the connector and hang it down and screw onto the spare switch and check it out... Proper operation of the switch will be covered in your -10

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks